Saturday, February 19, 2011

... in books


Day 06
Favorite book of your favorite series OR your favorite book of all time
I am one of those people who tend to read series. I am a huge fan of Terry Pratchett’s Discworld books and English crime series.
Well light crime series is, I think, the better word. I love Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum novels, JoAnna Carl’s Chocoholic Mysteries, Cleo Coyle’s Coffee House Mysteries and of Anne George’s Southern Sisters series.

When I have to pick my favourite series it gets difficult. I would have to choose between the Stephanie Plum novels which I really really love and the Chocoholic Mysteries which make my mouth water every time I read one.

Okay, I will choose the Stephanie Plum series.

Janet Evanovich’s novels tell the story of bounty hunter Stephanie Plum who lives in Trenton, New Jersey and has to deal with FTA’s, her pressurizing mother who wants her to marry, her gun-loving and rather weird grandmother, her love for Trenton’s most handsome cop Joe Morelli, her partner Lula, a former hooker and the guy who always helps her out of all her troubles - mostly job related - Ranger.  They are so full of wit and are so much fun to read. Wonderful for people with vivid imagination – Joe Morelli seems like a guy to dream about.

My most favorite book of these is definitely…well what the hell, I can’t decide. They are all worth reading. Wonderful series and be careful where you read them because sometimes one most laugh out loud and it gets really embarrassing when it happens in full lecture halls or somewhere similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment