Friday, August 24, 2012

...in books

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing Ginger at GReads!
This week she wants to know:
Back to School Reading: 
Which books would you like to see in today's high school Literature classroom?


Unfortunately here in Austria reading English books in school is something that happens rarely or never. I think I read 4 English books in school during my 8 years of high school. I hope that I can change this mentality when I am finally teaching.

What I would like to read with kids (yes, they all will love to read so I can also read huge books with them):

Die for me by Amy Plum

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 

 When you reach me by Rebecca Serle 
(teach Romeo and Juliet's story from a different perspective - might be cool)

13 Little Blue Envelops by Maureen Johnson 
(right before the holidays)

1 comment:

  1. Actually we read quite a few English books in class back in the good old school days, though a lot of them were rather boring *yawn*. Likewise the books we read in German were often just bloody awful. I still get nightmares when I hear certain author's names, eg Peter Handke *shudders*.

    ReplyDelete