Friday, April 12, 2013

...in pictures

Those of you who follow me on Twitter or Instagram will know that spring finally hit Austria and we no longer have constant snowfall and temperatures below zero but blooming flowers, sunshine and warm weather instead.

The last two times I joined my mum and my dog Felix for their daily walk I took my camera with me and tried to capture spring in the woods surrounding Vienna.

It's finally sunny and warm!

The sky is blue and the clouds have strange shapes.

Due to a lot of snow during the last weeks rivers and streams have a lot of water. This stream went dry last summer and fall but now it is running pretty fast and super clear. 

There was such a huge amount of water that many fields still are muddy and on some places there a giant waterholes. This is a bit annoying when you have to find a way through all this mudd but thanks to this overspill of water everything is blooming.

Wild garlic,

 yellow and

 purple primroses and

violets. 

 Felix enjoys it too.

 He chases sticks (you can see it in the upper right corner)

and takes a bath in the stream. 

 Afterwards you have to be careful that you don't stand near him because if you do

you'll probably get wet.

I hope spring reached you too and I am really looking forward to the days when you can sit in the sun on a blanket and do nothing but read your book and enjoy the sun on your face. Glorious days!

No comments:

Post a Comment