Tuesday, July 23, 2013

...in books

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week the girls want to know my 
Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make You NOT pick up a book 

I don't have a lot of turn-off words when it conmes to books as everyone can see with my huge collection but there are three that make me put down books immediately. It does not matter how good the summary is, how many people recommend it on blogs, YouTube or in person, how much I adore the cover - if one of those words appear in the synposis I will not buy the book!

My turn-off words are:

  • World War Two
  • Cancer
  • and War in general 
I do kid you not a book about those topics will not be bought. I did buy one dealing with the second world war while I was in Berlin but this one didn't explicitly say on the back cover that it will deal with it and after I started it and discovered it I put it down and marked it as DNF. I just can't do it.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I can understand why you don't like to read about books on war in general. War books make me sad and I cringe A LOT when I read them.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete