Tuesday, August 20, 2013

...in books

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week the girls want to know my 
Top Ten Things that Make My Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier
 
 
Goodreads
 As a reader Goodreads helped me to finally see how many books I read each month and year which helps for my blogging as well because I can not only keep track of all my books but I can also keep in contact with my friends and see which books they read and add books to my wish list. 

Amazon and Book Depo made my life so much easier. The selection of English books here in Austria is very limited. For a short time we had a good selection in one bookstore chain but even those were cut down this year which still makes me sad. Those online stores are my main source for my addiction and I cannot imagine what I would read if they would not keep my in English books. 
my Kindle
I bought my Kindle two years ago for my trip to Western Australia and since then I enjoyed it. I can read my ARCs (the few I get) on it and can take it with me if I am not sure what to read next because there are so many books on it. 
 
reading lights
Since I do not have a Kindle Paperwhite I need a reading light for reading at night in a hotel room, camper van, car, etc. I also used it quite a lot this summer when I was reading on my balcony after the sun went down and it actually got cooler.
Twitter
Twitter gave me the opportunity to get in contact with people all over the world and offered me a platform to gush about books, talk to friends and authors. I love it!
Digital Camera
My trusty Panasonic Lumix FZ 38 made my life as a blogger so much easier because it not only accompanies me on every trip it also makes many photos for my blog and you can do basically everything with this bad boy.
 Smartphones
I am so glad I got a smartphone because I forget to link my blog posts so often and there's nothing better than to be able to do it via phone. I also use Twitter and Instagram a lot and I have a camera handy whenever my big one is at home. 

So I was only able to come up with 8 things that make my life as a reader and book blogger easier but those are all things I use almost on a daily basis. 

2 comments:

  1. Twitter is definitely cool, and it's great that Amazon and Book Depository help to keep you in books you can't access in bookstores.

    Here's my TTT.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list - my digicam gets a lot of use too for taking pictures for blog posts.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete