Wednesday, August 7, 2013

...in books

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week the girls want to know my 
Top Ten Books I Wish Would Have Had A Sequel

When I was thinking about the books I loved that I wish would have a sequel I discovered that most of the books I read are either part of a series or do not entertain enough to deserve a place on this list.
 
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
I adored this book and cried so much at the end. I would love to read another book about Lara and her great-aunt Sadie. 

A Taste for it by Monica McInerney
This was the first book I read by Monica and I just fell for it. The two main characters are lovely and I was totally sucked into the story. Australia, Wine, Food, Ireland, a love story....

Breakfast at Darcy's by Ali McNamara
Ali's books are all wonderful and entertaining reads but Breakfast at Darcy's is the one stand-alone she has written. Darcy is just the perfect main character and the setting is amazing. I want to move to a remote Irish island for a year and live there like her.

There's a book with To Do List in the title - I have to have it! There'a book written by Lindsey Kelk- I have to have it! I read it - I loved it!
The Stag and Hen Weekend by Mike Gayle
This book tells the story of a Stag weekend and the story of the Hen weekend and ends on such an annoying cliff hanger that I wanted to scream. I am still hoping that Mike Gayle will write a sequel. Please!

All of Jenny Clogan's books I read so far have been lovely reads, with wonderful characters and this one was no exception. I would love to know how the story continues.
 
I came up with only 6 stand-alone novels so I will include 4 books that are part of a series but I enjoyed that much that I would love to have more books telling the lives of these characters.
 
Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis
Simply Irresistible is the first book in the Lucky Harbor series and tells the story of Maddie, the middle sister, and her new life in the small town of Lucky Harbor. Maddie is also part of the next two novels in this series but I would love to have another one exclusively about Maddie. 

Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey
As with Jill Shalvis' book Exclusively Yours is the first book in the Kowalski Family series and I would love to read another one telling the life of Joe.  
 
Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett
Wyrd Sister was my first Terry Pratchett I ever read and the first one I loved! There are other books telling the stories of Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg and Magrat Garlick but this one is so hilarious that I would love to know how this story continues. 

Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier
Emerald Green is the third book in the Ruby Red trilogy and I am really sad seeing this amazing series end. I would love to see it continue.

2 comments:

  1. I've never read anything by Terry Pratchett, although he's one of those authors whose work I've always meant to pick up. I know lots of people who love the Discworld series.

    Here's my TTT.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to start the books in the Ruby Red trilogy!! I have heard that there'll be a new release by Kerstin Gier sometime soon, it's called Silber I think.
    And a sequel to Twenties Girl would be perfect! That was such a lovely book!

    ReplyDelete