Monday, January 13, 2014

...in books

Bout of Books 

Last week was the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon!

Bout of Books is my favorite readathon! There's so much love going around the Blogosphere and on Twitter. You get cheered on and pushed to read more by people but when you don't do that well fellow book lovers are there to listen to your whining too. It feels as if the Bout of Books participants form a strong community for a week. Yes, I know, webook lovers/addicts are a community already but during bout of books it feels closer (at least for me).


Bout of Books Read-a-thons are hosted by the lovely Amanda from On a Book Bender and Kelly from Reading the Paranormal. For all information about Bout of Books visit the Bout of Books blog. I highly recommend participating in the next one!

Last Saturday I posted my goals for the Bout of Books 9.0 but I didn't expect my week getting CRAZY from Wednesday on. My goals were:

  • I want to read at least 1 hour a day.
  • I want to visit more blogs during Bout of Books and comment. 
  • I don't want to stress about how many pages I read, etc.
  • I want to enjoy this week of reading, rambling and being surrounded by bookish people.  
  • I want to try to participate in at least one Twitter chat.   
Unfortunately I missed the first Twitter chat, the second one was in the middle of the night for me and during the last one I was at a friend's birthday party. So I didn't participate in a Twitter chat which I'm really sad about because they are always so much fun. As I told you so in this post, my semester at university ends at the end of January and I finally got all my exam dates and organized my study time this week and now I am crazy busy and only have limited time to read,blog, tweet, which annoys me tremendously. I hate not being able to chat with my friends and other fellow book lovers. That's also why I wasn't able to reach allmy goals. I didn't even manage to read for at least 1 hour each day but the time I spent reading I enjoyed and I would still call the readathon a sucess since I finished 2 book, started 2 more and put 1 bok aside for a later date.

Here are my stats for the Bout of Books 9.0 readathon:

Number of pages I've read:  696 pages 

Books I finished:

Breakfast at Darcy's by Ali McNamara

The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross

Books I started:

15734329 
111 Reasons to love London by Gerhard Elfers

 The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson 
(which I put aside to read at a later date, I liked it but it didn't feel right at the moment)

I enjoyed the Bout of Books 9.0 readathon and I will defintely participate in the next one which will be from May 12th till May 18th 2014 and a HUGE thank you to Amanda and Kelly for organizing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment