Sunday, June 8, 2014

...in books

Showcase Sunday is weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits & Tea which was inspired by In My Mailbox from Kristie at The Story Siren.
It is a possibility for us to show what amazing books we got during the week.
 
I had a great week - book-wise!
I have a good friend who reads almost as much as I do and each year we hit the bookshops after my birthday and buy each other books. This year we took time to finally hit the shops but this week we finally took some time to go get some coffee and browse the bookshelves. These books went home wih me:

Bonjour la France! by Stefan Ulrich
A German author who already wrote two books set in Rome and he and his family now moved to Paris for his job. I am really looking forward to reading this because I like Stefan Ulrich's writing and his books are always hilarious.

S by J.J. Abrams
For quite a while now I'm looking at this book each thime I'm at a bookstore. I'm still not sure how easy it will be to read but it just looks amazing and it also smells like an old book (which is important to the story) and I couldn't pass it up this time. 
This is what the book looks like inside:
 

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Hurray! My bookstore finally had it! Now I just have to read book three to six in the Mortal Instruments series and boy, this one is a monster - page-wise.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun tradition and it looks like you got some great books! I'm especially intrigued by the J.J. Abrams. I love the kind of scrapbook/used look to it and that it smells like an old book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul :)
    I've seen S around a lot and I'm thinking of buying it. Is it really as awesome as it looks?
    Happy reading!
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete